Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lemberger Strasse

     In Lemberger Strasse, I chose to enter into the tunnel.
Red Earth closed in around me.
    I followed the guide.  Not a thought of how the journey would end entered my head.  I thought more of not getting my clothes dirty, as if that really mattered.
    I lowered my head here and there.  I listened to the guide... an escape tunnel, in the event of a siege, down through the water well and out the side of the mountain.
    We stopped where the tunnel floor gave way to a steel grating that was supported by steel girders, hammered into the Earth.
    The guide beckoned. I followed.  Some would not.  But, I stepped out and stood up, suspended between fear and comfort, bright sky and dark water, between the two people of whom one could become.


Happy Holidays


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comments. I will review as soon as possible.